What our experts think...
If you’re like me, you’ll think you only ever get a few birds and the next door neighbour’s cat in your garden, but you’ll be really surprised at how much actually goes on when your back is turned and this wildlife camera is perfect for finding out. It’s so simple to set up, the hardest part is finding the perfect position!
What stands out
- You’ll be surprised at what you capture on film
- With 1080p recording, the results are incredibly clear and full of detail
- It works just as well at night, seeing up to 15m through the darkness
- It’s battery powered which makes it really easy to install – just choose the perfect spot
- Motion sensors mean it’ll only record if something passes by
- There’s a handy colour screen inside, so you can quickly review what’s been caught
Whether you live in the countryside, in the suburbs or in the city centre, you’ll be surprised at what goes on around your property while you’re not watching. From foxes to cats, squirrels to tawny owls, you could have a hive of activity right on your doorstep. And this Pro Outback Wildlife Camera from electriQ is the perfect way to find out!
It’s provided with a number of accessories for easy installation, so you can strap your camera to a tree, fence or post, or even screw it to a wall to find the best view. Built in motion sensors wake the camera up whenever there’s any movement so you don’t miss anything that goes on in your garden or have to trawl through endless hours of footage to find something worthwhile. What’s more, it’ll even double up as a security camera, so you can protect your property at the same time. You’ll capture everything in excellent detail too, with 1080p Full HD recording, and that even applies during the night. Infrared night vision helps you to see up to an incredible 15m through the darkness so you won’t miss anything that goes on.
Your recordings are stored on a microSD card (sold separately) which makes reviewing anything you’ve captured quick and easy. Simply remove it from the wildlife camera and insert it into your PC to check the footage. There’s a handy, clear screen inside too, so you can easily adjust the settings and quickly review your footage.
As this camera is battery powered, you’ve got no complicated installation to worry about either. That makes it perfect for finding the best spot where you’ll be more likely to capture plenty of activity. It also gives you the opportunity to mount the camera in more remote locations (with the landowner’s permission, of course).
- Power source: 4/8 AA x batteries
- Resolution: 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Camera: 8MP
- Video format: AVI
- Still image format: JPEG
- Frame rate: 15fps
- Night vision sensor range: up to 15m
- Number of infrared LEDs: 34
- Memory type: microSD card up to 32GB (not included)
- Dimensions: H 136 x W 90 x D 76 mm
- 1080p recording
- Battery operated
- Weather resistant – suitable for all conditions
- 2" built in colour screen
- Motion activated recording
- High quality night vision
- Easy to install
- 62° viewing angle lets you see more
- Sensor trigger speed less than 1 second
- Can be powered via a power adapter (not included)
- Camouflage design