The platforms are architected to enable the next phase of branch-office evolution, providing rich media collaboration and virtualization to the branch while maximizing operational cost savings The integrated services routers generation 2 platforms are future-enabled with multi-core CPUs, support for high capacity DSPs (Digital Signal Processors) for future enhanced video capabilities, high powered service modules with improved availability, Gigabit Ethernet switching with enhanced POE, and energy monitoring and control capabilities while enhancing overall system performance. Overall, the Cisco 2900 series offer unparalleled total cost of ownership savings and network agility through the intelligent integration of market leading security, unified communications, wireless, and application services. The Cisco 2900 series integrated services router offers embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable Digital Signal Processor (DSP) slots, intrusion prevention, call processing, voicemail, and application services.
The Cisco 2951 Integrated Services Router (ISR) delivers highly secure data, voice, video, and application services for small offices. Key features include:
- 3 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with 1 port capable of RJ-45 or SFP connectivity
- 2 service module slots
- 4 Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card slots
- 3 onboard digital signal processor (DSP) slots
- 1 internal service module slot for application services
- Fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Cisco Enhanced PoE