Venus Optics VE928DL Overview
A fast and bright wide-angle prime, the DL mount Laowa 9mm f/2.8 FE Zero-D Lens from Venus Optics is a lightweight, compact lens with a sophisticated optical design to effectively limit distortion. Its DL mount is designed to fit the X7 gimbal on a DJI Inspire 2 drone, and it covers APS-C / Super 35 sensors.
The bright f/2.8 maximum aperture makes this lens especially useful for low-light use, and when paired with the 4.7" minimum focusing distance, shallow depth of field imagery can also be produced. The optical construction includes three extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements to control both chromatic and spherical aberrations for greater sharpness, clarity, and reduced color fringing.
The lens features a 49mm front filter thread, a 113° angle of view, and weighs only 7.6 oz. A petal-shaped lens hood is provided to reduce flare and ghosting.
- Designed for the X7 gimbal on the DJI Inspire 2 drone.
- Ultra wide-angle DL mount prime designed for APS-C Super 35 sensors, this 9mm f/2.8 provides a 13.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Relatively fast f/2.8 maximum aperture low-light shooting applications.
- Renders subjects with minimal distortion to suit landscape and architectural applications.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and color neutrality. Two aspherical elements are also featured to limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 4.7" away with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:7.5.
- This lens can accept 49mm screw-in filters on the front of the lens.