Compact yet powerful storage solution
Equipped with a dual-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine, DS218+ delivers exceptional file transfer speeds. Supporting real-time 4K video streaming, DS218+ is ideal not only for protecting critical data but for storing ultra-high definition media contents as well.
Next-generation file system for better data protection
The Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
• Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on user accounts and shared folders
• Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
• File- or folder-level data restoration accelerates data recovery, providing more flexibility for businesses
• Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
4K Multimedia Server
Access and stream your 4K media content anytime and anywhere. DS218+ supports 4K H.264/H.265 online transcoding via Video Station and DS video, allowing 4K videos to be converted and played on the fly on other computers, smartphones, and media players that originally do not support Ultra HD formats.
Synchronize files across your devices
Cloud Station Suite provides real-time data synchronization across all your devices, such as computers, mobile devices, and other Synology NAS whenever a file is modified. "Intelliversioning" keeps the most important file versions to better utilize storage space.
Digital asset protection
Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), Synology NAS offers advanced security measures to protect against sudden data loss and potential security holes.
• Security Advisor: Analyzes system settings, password strength, network preferences, and removes any possible malware.
• AppArmor: A kernel-level enhancement that blocks malicious programs from accessing unauthorized system resources.
• AES 256-bit encryption: Encrypt shared folders and network data transmission to keep data from unauthorized access.
• 2-step verification: Prevent others from logging in to your DSM by generating a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile device.
• Trust Level: Customize the trust level in Package Center to avoid installing packages from untrusted sources, safeguarding your NAS from unknown or tampered package files.
Easy file access with QuickConnect
Access files on your Synology NAS over the Internet without the hassle of setting up port forwarding rules, DDNS, or other complicated network settings. QuickConnect allows you to connect via a simple customizable address (e.g. https://customID.quickconnect.to), so that you can instantly access media and work files on any Windows/Mac/Linux computer, laptop, or mobile device without additional charge.