- Up to 12 TB per drive for up to 50% more petabytes per rack
- Robust, forged helium sealed-drive technology with drop-in PMR compatibility for easy system integration
- Industry's lowest power and weight for optimum data centre TCO
- Field-proven, eleventh-generation technology featuring power, performance and reliability enhancements
- Delivering high performance and high capacity for both SATA and SAS environments
- Data-at-rest is protected with Seagate Secure technology
- Have confidence in data delivery with a drive that helps to ensure consistent 24x7 performance
- Backed by a 2.5 M-hour MTBF and a 5-year limited warranty
Built for Speed - Exactly Where It Is Needed
Among the industry’s best response times for a 12 TB nearline drive, the Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium) helps to enable some of the fastest data transfers possible.
Meet your storage workload requirements with an efficient data centre footprint. Innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance, PowerChoice and RAID Rebuild, allow you to have the control to customise your bulk storage requirements for even greater TCO improvements.
Incredibly High Capacity Paired with World-Class Reliability
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with Seagate’s Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium), you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs while offering consistent and predictable response rates.
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium) supports enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550 TB/yr and is backed by a 2.5M-hour MTBF and 5-year limited warranty, helping to meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
What’s in the Hard Drive?
- Fast 12 TB and 10 TB nearline hard drives in a robust sealed-drive architecture
- 550 TB/yr — 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- Proven technology backed by highest field reliability ratings and the industry’s best MTBF at 2.5 M hours
- Choose 6 Gb/s SATA or 12 Gb/s SAS interface for drop-in system integration
- Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data
- Up to 21% improvement in IOPS/watt over similar 12 TB HDDs on the market
- 0.5 watts less power than other drives — approximately a 6% savings for a 10 PB solution
- 10 grams lighter per drive — approximately a 2% weight reduction in a 10 PB rack-based solution
IT Pros Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for a 5th Consecutive Year
Seagate was again selected by IT professionals as the 2017 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.