What stands out
- Great way to introduce your child to the tech world, whilst retaining control
- The parental management tool can be added to two phones, so both mum and dad are in control
- Manage time spent on games, apps and web browsing
- Set restrictions for texts and call time and see who your child’s adding to their phone list
- Keep track of your child’s location, see where they’ve been and set notifications for certain areas
- Monqi operating system has over 700 child friendly apps
- It looks just like your average smartphone, making it desirable to children too
- It’s been rated and approved by MumsNet!
Unlike any other smartphone this Monqi phone is specially designed for children and to keep them safe as you introduce them to the online world. From the outside it’s just like any other smartphone, it has sleek and stylish good looks, an easy to use interface, a front and rear camera and a 5 inch HD display, it’s just like yours, making it desirable to kids. The inside is what makes it desirable to parents, it has special Monqi software which can’t be turned off or deleted. This unique software gives two smartphones remote control over the Monqi phone, so both mum and dad can keep track at the same time and no one has to be the bad guy.
There’s plenty to keep them occupied, the Monqi phone has its own Jungle store with over 700 child friendly apps to choose from, and if you have an app you deem appropriate, that’s unavailable on the Jungle Store, you can install it from Google Play on your child’s behalf. You’ll be able to monitor your child’s screen time, see what they’re searching for, how long they’re spending on games and apps and even set time restrictions or lock the phone completely when it comes to bedtime and homework, it also comes in handy if you’ve grounded them.
Monitor calls and see text messages, set an allowance for how many minutes and texts they can use a day, there’s no risk of running up a hefty bill. View their contact list and if you don’t approve you can delete contacts, it’s a great way to monitor for cyber bullying. You’ll be able to track your child on a map, see where they’ve been and even get notifications when they enter a specified zone on the map. It comes in ideal for alerting you when they arrive home or if they’ve gone somewhere they shouldn’t have. The phone benefits from a large 1950mAh battery which gives it an impressive 96 hour standby time and average talk time of 7 hours, making it easier for you to keep in touch at all times.
The Monqi phone is the perfect compromise. It gives your child the gadget and independence they’ve been begging for, yet you get full control, plus you get your own phone back without a flat battery and sticky fingerprints.
- Dimensions: H145 x W72.7 x D8.8 mm
- Parent management app Compatibility: Android & iOS
- Display: 5” (720x1280px)
- Camera: 13mp (rear) 5mp (front)
- Capacity: 8GB + 32GB MicroSD
- Operating system: Android Monqi OS
- Talk time: 7 Hours
- Standby: 96 Hours
- Network: Unlocked & SIM free
- SIM: Micro Sim
- Processor: quad core processor + 1GB RAM
- Colour: White
What’s in the box?
- Monqi Phone
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Ideal for safely introducing your children into the digital world
- Parental management tools available for 2 phones
- See your child’s location with live tracking and a history of where they’ve been
- Monitor calls, texts, time spent on games and downloaded apps
- See who they are adding as a contact to their phone and delete them if you don’t approve
- Set time and amount restrictions on games, apps, calls and messaging
- Get notifications when your child enters or leaves a specified zone on the map
- Create schedules, great for planning in all those after school clubs and commitments
- You get peace of mind whilst your child gets independence
- Monqi’s software is part of the phones operating system and cannot be turned off or deleted
- Easy to use, child friendly app with a sleek user interface
- Just like a regular phone it has music, games and apps, but you can monitor it all
- The Jungle Store is home to over 700 apps specifically approved for kids
- You can install apps from Google Play on to the Monqi phone on your childs behalf
- Rated and approved by MumsNet
- Battery: 1950 mAh