Nowadays, most computers and notebooks are shipped without a floppy drive. However, the need for a floppy drive still exists; the old, trustworthy 3.5” floppy disk is still one of the most used media types in the world. Small files like drivers, software updates, patches for operating systems, anti-virus updates and boot-diskettes are still being shipped on floppy disks.
Also, a lot of people still have old text files, spreadsheets, pictures etc saved on floppy disks. So there will always come a time when you need a floppy drive for a software update, to access some of your old data, or you need a diskette to quickly save a small file on.
The new Freecom External USB Floppy Drive is all that you need. Affordable, easy to use, lightweight: very portable and very convenient. Installing the USB floppy drive could not be easier: Just plug it into the USB port of your computer and you’re ready to go! The Freecom External USB Floppy Drive is also a very cost-effective replacement for when your existing floppy drive is broken. Powered through your USB port, this USB floppy drive gets you up and running in seconds.Features:
- Portable external USB Floppy Disk Drive
- Storage Capacity - 720 kB/1.44 MB
- Media Standards - 3.5” Floppy Disks, double sided high-density, double sided density
- Interface - USB 1.1 (12 Mbit/s)
- Performance Spindle speed - 300 U/min
- SCHOCK - 5G max., non-operating: 100G max.
- MTBF - 30.000 POH
- Safety Standards - UL standard, CS A standard, TÜV standard, CE standard
- Size - 1.7 x 10.3 x 14.2 cm
- Weight - 280 grams
- Environmental Specification - Operating +5° to +50° , Storage -20° to 60° Gradient 20° C/hour (max.)
- Humidity Operating - 8 - 80% (noncondensing)
- System Requirements - Any PC with a free USB port, running Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP or Mac OS 9/10.x
- Power Requirements - Bus-powered (no AC adapter needed)
- Warranty - 2 Years manufacturers