The fastest external hard drive
These days it’s all about speed. More and more people are working with large files such as DTP/ graphical files and uncompressed video and audio. The need for an external hard drive with top speed is more present then ever. The new Freecom Hard Drive Pro, with its FireWire interface, provides you with fast and reliable data transfer speed. Connected to FireWire 800, the Hard Drive Pro performs up to 2x times faster than a standard FireWire 400 hard drive.
For optimal flexibility and portability, the Hard Drive Pro is also equipped with a USB 2.0 connection, so you can connect it to any modern computer that does not have a FireWire interface. The Hard Drive Pro comes in a stylish aluminium enclosure which will complement the design of your PC or Mac. It also features Freecom’s unique Sync button; pushing this button activates the Freecom Sync application, for synchronizing files between Hard Drive Pro and computer, and an encryption button which gives access to a pre-defined encrypted partition on the drive.
The Freecom Hard Drive Pro is pre-formatted (FAT- 32), so you’re ready to use your drive seconds after connecting it to your computer. At Freecom we create storage solutions from a consumer’s perspective, where convenience and quality are key factors.Features:
- Capacity - 1 TB
- Interface - FireWire 800/400 & USB 2.0
- One button data synchronization - Yes
- Hard drive type - 3.5" SATA-II, low noise, low power consumption.
- Data transfer rate - Max. 480Mbit/s (USB 2.0), max. 800Mbit/s (Firewire 800),Max. 400Mbit/s (FireWire 400)
- Weight: 1400 gr. / 49 Ounce
- Dimensions: 15 x 18 x 5 cm / 5.9 x 7.1 x 2 inch
- MTBF: 50000 POH
- Warranty - Two years manufacturer's warranty and unlimited free helpdesk support
- Average seek time: 8.9 ms
- Track to Track seek time: 0.8 ms
- Rotational Speed: 7200 rpm
- Buffer size: 1TBmin. 16MB
- Minimum system requirements PC: Pentium-III or AMD Duron 700MHz or higher, 256MB RAM, (Vista: 512MB), CD-ROM drive, available USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port or available FireWire 800 (9 pin), FireWire 400 (6 pin) port, Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
- Minimum system requirements MAC: iMac, iBook, Mac G3/G4/G5 or PowerBook G3/G4 or higher, available USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port available FireWire 800 (9 pin), FireWire 400 (6 pin) port*, OS X v. 10.3 or higher