The Fizzbook Spin has been built specifically for education, being designed and then approved by the toughest critics - teachers and students. As a total classroom solution the Fizzbook Spin provides netbook, e-reader and touchscreen tablet functionality, complemented by a suite of classroom software that's included as standard.
The hand-held durable device has been built to withstand the classroom environment, compact and light-weight, whilst still powerful enough to provide students with software optimised for education. It's used as an aid to teaching across the curriculum and lesson spaces, moving between classes within a portable secure trolley. Its education focus and durable design means it is also adopted by schools as a personal device on a one per child basis.
The way in which children learn is changing and the use of ICT across the curriculum is increasing. The Fizzbook's flexible design and connectivity options mean students are not tied to a desk; its tablet mode makes it possible to hold in the hand and means it can be used outside of the traditional classroom.
Clicking and scrolling can be done with your fingertips and for more detailed entry there is a built-in stylus. Onboard handwriting recognition works for all applications, and gives you options for joined-up or printed handwriting, or if required a virtual keyboard.
All this functionality is complemented by an in-built accelerometer, which rotates the screen so it is always the right way up for the person looking at it. This also means all features are available for left and right handed users. In addition, Fizzbook Spin can also used as an e-book with the appropriate software.
- Processor Intel Atom N450 Single Core, 1.66GHz, 512K L2 Cache
- Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Starter or Professional 32-Bit
- Memory 1GB, DDR2, 800MHZ capped at 667Mhz bus
- Chipset Intel NM10 Express
- Graphics Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
- LCD Display 10.1 inch WSVGA (1024 x 600) Resistive touch panel
- Audio High Definition audio
- Speakers 2 x 1.0 Watt with 2 channel
- Microphone Integrated single analog
- Hard Drives 160GB SATA HDD 2.5 inch 5400RPM
- Optical Drives No
- Power 4-cell 7.4V (2200mAh cell) Li-Ion Battery / 6-cell 56WHr Li-Ion
- Camera 1.3 MP Integrated Webcam (standard on all configurations)
- Bluetooth No
- Wireless Wireless 802.11b.g.n
- Externally Accessible Kensington lock
- Ports AC Power-in, RJ45 connector, VGA, 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x Audio
- Card Reader Secure Digital (SD/SDHC) Memory Card
- ME (PC ABS) Rubberised Chassis
- Handle Bar Handle Bar
- Web Camera 1.3M pixel rotatable
- Keyboard / Touchpad Water resistant Keyboard / Touchpad