What our experts think...
I never thought I'd say this, but I love this plug! Since connecting it up to the lamp in my living room, I've not looked back. I can now control it from anywhere using my smartphone and make it look as if I'm home even when I'm out. Perfect for those long winter nights!
What stands out
- Use your smartphone to turn your electrical equipment on or off
- Schedule your devices to come on at a pre-set time, ideal for when youre not at home
- Help save money on your energy bills by monitoring how much power your device is using
- The plug works over WiFi so you can operate them from anywhere using your smartphone
- Set your device to turn on after a set amount of minutes using the countdown timer
- Works with Amazon Echo & Alexa so you can control the plug with your voice
- Compatible with iOS and Android smartphones
You must have had that moment of dread at some point, the iron, your straighteners… Will I get home from work and my house is on fire?! Oh for goodness sake I`m turning round! Sound familiar? Well worry no more, because with the electriQ smart plug you can keep your nerves in check. It lets you use your smartphone to control your electrical devices from anywhere - whether you're at home, at work or even on holiday, so you’ll never have to worry about leaving something switched on again! Simply plug the smart plug into a wall socket, connect your chosen device, and download the free smartphone app to control it. Its that easy! And, as if it couldn't get any more convenient, the plug even works with Amazon Echo/Alexa which means you'll be able to control your devices with your voice!
The app gives you access to schedule and timer modes, so connected devices switch on and off automatically at pre-set times. For example, you can have it set to switch your lamp on at night to make it appear as if your home while you're away on holiday. You can control up to 20 smart plugs at a time, which means you'll be able to wake in the morning, turn your bedside TV on, switch on the lamp and have the electrical heater warm up the room without having to even leave your bed. The app also boasts a statistic setting which is fantastic little feature. It gives you the option to monitor the energy consumption of your electrical items in real time, so you know what devices are the worst energy culprits and to use sparingly.
- Plug Type: 3 Pin
- Network Protocol:802.11b/g/n
- Wireless Type: 2.4 ghz
- Input Voltage: 220 - 240V
- Maximum Power: 7W
- Dimensions: 60 x 120 mm
- Warranty: 1 year