WD WD RE 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM 64MB SAS 6Gb/s Internal Hard Drive
This 2TB Western Digital WD2001FYYG RE Enterprise SAS hard drive combines a 32 MB cache with a SAS 6 Gb/s transfer rate and dual stage actuation for lightning-fast performance in demanding server and storage applications. Featuring technologically advanced acoustics to minimise noise, cool drive operation and enhanced reliability features to help protect the Western Digital WD2001FYYG RE hard drive and the data stored on it.
Hard Drive Statistics
- Model Number: WD2001FYYG
- Capacity: 2TB
- Speed: 7200 rpm
- Seek time: 5.5 ms avg
- Cache: 32MB
- Interface: SAS 6Gb/s (300MB/sec) NCQ
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch
How This WD RE Enterprise Hard Drive Protects Your Data
Western Digital WD2001FYYG RE include enhanced RAFF technology and sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time, the result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives. ShockGuard instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running, this technology enables the WD WD2001FYYG RE drive to achieve industry-leading shock specifications.
- Massive capacity - This Western Digital RE Hard Drive features a cavernous 2TB capacity.
- Dual actuator technology - A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy.
- Dual processor - With double the processing power, WD RE boasts the highest performance of any drive in the WD RE family.
- StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilise platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations.
- RAFF - Enhanced RAFF technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time. The result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives.
- IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower unnecessary power consumption, noise, and vibration. Multi-axis shock sensor - Automatically detects the subtlest shock events and compensates to protect the data.
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER) - Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- Third generation dynamic fly height - Each read-write head's fly height is adjusted in real time for optimum reliability.
- Thermal extended burn-in test - Each RE drive is put through extended burn-in testing with thermal cycling to ensure reliable operation.
- NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) - WD RE drives utilise PMR technology to achieve even greater areal density, reliability, and design margin.
- Active Power Save - Delivers best-in-class power consumption through advanced WD firmware that conserves power in active seek modes without degrading performance.