Killzone: Mercenary is a first-person shooter in the Killzone series, powered by the stunning Killzone engine. Developed specifically for the PlayStation Vita platform, Mercenary enhances the familiar twin-stick FPS control scheme with touch pad functionality for interesting new gameplay possibilities. Comprised of nine single-player missions — each nearly an hour in length — Killzone: Mercenary delivers the full experience in a portable package. Completed missions unlock additional replay challenges, with a host of special objectives to accomplish. The game also boasts a full-fledged multiplayer mode with six maps tailored for eight players and three different game types, including the popular Warzone mode.
In keeping with the soldier-for-hire theme, every action in the game is rewarded. The better you perform, the higher your payout – not just in the single-player campaign, but also in the multiplayer mode. The wages you collect are deposited into a single bank account, so the money you earn in the campaign missions can also be used to buy gear and weapons for multiplayer matches, and vice versa. Killzone: Mercenary makes full use of PlayStation Vita’s considerable input and graphics capabilities. It enhances the familiar dual-stick FPS control scheme with touch controls for actions such as brutal melee, and with tilt controls for accurate sniper aiming. The game even uses the powerful Killzone 3 engine to bring its massive environments and impressive set pieces to life.
- Play through 9 massive single-player missions with multiple difficulty settings
- Completion of each mission unlocks additional challenges and special objectives
- Built on the same Killzone engine used on PS3
- Intense combat for up to eight players
- Compelling modes including Deathmatch, Warzone and more
- Dynamic Rankings keep the competition fierce
- Cash earned in both Campaign and Multiplayer modes