Cisco® Catalyst® compact switches (Figure 1) easily extend an intelligent, fully managed Cisco Catalyst wired switching infrastructure, including end-to-end IP and Borderless Network services, with a single Ethernet cable or fiber from the wiring closet. These attractive, small form-factor Gigabit and Fast Ethernet switches are ideal for connecting multiple devices on the retail sales floor and in classrooms, hotels, and factories and for extending wireless LAN networks: wherever space is at a premium and multiple cable runs could be challenging.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-C and 3560-C Series Compact Switches highlights
- Extend a highly secure, intelligent, managed Cisco Catalyst infrastructure with a single Ethernet cable or fiber from the wiring closet
- Support for advanced security and services, including voice, video, and Cisco Borderless Network services, to remote endpoints
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) pass-through enables the compact switch to draw power from the wiring closet and pass it to end devices (selected models)
- Attractive, small form factor and fanless operation fit in confined spaces where multiple cable runs could be challenging
- Easy to deploy, manage and extend the network loop free
- Enhanced limited lifetime hardware warranty