The toughest drive there is!
In today’s world mobility has become a key factor. People who are on the road carry their whole office with them. Notebook, mobile phone, PDA, external hard drive… Imagine what can happen when you’re late for a flight, running to the gate, and your external hard drive accidentally falls from your notebook case or out of your jacket pocket onto the floor… it breaks. Hundreds of hours of work, gigabytes of spreadsheets, documents, photo’s… all gone.
Not anymore! Freecom introduces the ToughDrive. The ideal external storage solution for people on the move. Fitted with an internal anti-shock frame and a unique soft silicon cover, it can withstand bumps and drops so your drive is still fully functional after it has dropped. The ToughDrive ensures you can still access your valuable files.
- Capacity - 320GB
- Interface - USB 2.0, can also be connected to USB 1.1 port
- Hard drive type - 2.5”, low noise, low power consumption
- Performance (internal drive) -
Average seek time: 12ms
Track to Track seek time: 2ms
Average Latency: 7.14 ms
Rotational Speed 5400 rpm
- Hard drive Buffer Size - 8MB
- Data transfer speed - up to 480Mbit/s (USB 2.0)
- Weight - 175g / 6.17 Ounce
- Dimensions - 140 x 80 x 19 mm / 5.5 x 3.15 x 0.74 inch
- mtbf - 50000 P.O.H.
- Shock resistant - Operating 300G, non-operating 1000G
- Max. drop height - 2 Metres free drop on flat surface
- Connector - Integrated, flat USB 2.0 compatible connector
- Power requirements - USB powered, no adapters needed
- Environmental specifications - Operating temperature: 10º C / 35º C, Storage temperature: -20º C / 70º C
- Minimum system requirements -
PC: Intel Pentium III / AMD Duron 900 MHz or higher, 256MB RAM (Vista: 512MB RAM) or higher, CD-ROM drive, available USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port, Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
MAC : PowerPC G3/G4/G5, Power Book G3/G4 or Intel Mac, 256MB RAM or higher, CD-ROM drive, available USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port, Mac OS X v10.3 or higher