MediaPlayer XS – how your USB (hard) drive becomes a mediaplayer
External USB hard drives are a common PC accessory in every household. A lot of these drives are used to store (downloaded) movies and music on. Problem is…. Everytime you want to look at a movie from this hard drive you need to go behind your PC or notebook to watch it. Not the ideal screen to watch a movie on….
It would be so much better to be able to watch this movie sitting on your couch, looking at your TV screen in your livingroom. Freecom makes it all possible, with the new MediaPlayer XS. Simply connect your USB hard drive (no matter which brand!) to the MediaPlayer XS, connect the MediaPlayer XS to your TV, and you’re ready to watch movies directly from your hard drive, without the use of a PC, in the comfort of your own living room! The remote-controlled MediaPlayer XS supports all common AV file formats, is conveniently small and very cost effective !! The perfect upgrade for your USB hard drive. Of course the concept also works with other USB devices such as a USB stick.Features:
- Supported USB Device file systems - FAT-32, NTFS
- Interface - USB 2.0 host (for connecting USB storage devices)
- Firmware - Upgradable
- Suported formats -
Video: MPEG 1, 2, 4 (AVI, MPG, MPEG, DAT, MP3, DIVX, XVID)
Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV
Photo: JPG, M-JPG, BMP, GIF
- Video output - Composite
- Audio output - Stereo L/R
- Suported TV format: PAL
- Dimensions - 9.1 x 6.7 x 2.1 cm / 3.6 x 2.6 x 0.8 inch
- Weight - 70 gr. / 2.5 Ounce
- Minimum system requirements - To use the MediaPlayer XS, you require a USB Hard Drive or USB Stick (with supported Video or Audio content stored on it) to connect to the MediaPlayer XS, and a TV (with Yellow, Red, White cinch input or SCART input) for connecting the MediaPlayer XS and watching movies. The best picture quality will be reached when viewed on a LCD TV.