The Hard Drive Secure introduces a new standard of data security for external hard drives. This USB hard drive can be locked and unlocked by presenting a tag (in credit card format) to the drive. Only this unique combination will enable you to use the drive and access the data. Meaning your data is safe from unwanted access from unauthorized persons. How much safer can you get?
Freecom recognizes the need for a secure external hard drive. The Freecom Hard Drive Secure is a new concept of data protection. Your drive is not protected with a password, but with an encrypted tag in the format of a credit card. Only by presenting this tag to the drive will you get access to the drive, and thereby to your data. Without the tag there is no way the data can be read by unauthorized persons.
Connection is easy – thanks to the USB 2.0 port you can connect the Hard Drive Secure to any modern computer. The Freecom Hard Drive Secure is pre-formatted (FAT-32), ready for use on both Windows and Mac computers.Key Features
- Data Security controlled via AES encrypted RFID keycards
- Hard Drive Type: 3.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption
- Data Transfer Speed: max. 480 Mbit/s (USB 2.0)
- No cooling fan - no noise!
- High quality aluminium enclosure with optimal internal airflow management