The fastest external hard drive
These days it’s all about speed. More and more people are working with large files such as DTP/ graphical files and uncompressed video and audio. The need for an external hard drive with top speed is more present then ever. The new Freecom Hard Drive Pro, with its eSATA interface, provides you with the fastest data transfer speed to date for a single external hard drive.
Connected to eSATA, the Hard Drive Pro performs up to 6x times faster than a standard USB 2.0 hard drive. For optimal flexibility and portability, the Hard Drive Pro is also equipped with a USB 2.0 connection, so you can connect it to any modern computer that does not have an external SATA interface. The Hard Drive Pro comes in a stylish aluminium enclosure which will compliment the design of your PC or Mac.
It also features Freecom’s unique Sync button; pushing this button activates the Freecom Sync application, for synchronizing files between Hard Drive Pro and computer. The Freecom Hard Drive Pro is pre-formatted (FAT- 32), so you’re ready to use your drive seconds after connecting it to your computer. At Freecom we create storage solutions from a consumer’s perspective, where convenience and quality are key factors.Features:
- Capacity - 1TB
- Interface - eSATA & USB 2.0 (can also be connected to USB 1.1 port)
- Hard drive type - 3.5” SATA-II, low noise, low power consumption.
- Supports NCQ (Native Command Queing) for optimal drive performance
- Data transfer rate - Max. 3000Mbit/s (3 Gb/s) (eSATA), max 480Mbit/s (USB 2.0)
- Weight - 1400 gr. / 49 Ounce
- Dimensions - 15 x 18 x 5 cm / 5.9 x 7.1 x 2 inch
- mtbf - 50000 POH
- Supported Operating Systems - Windows 2000 / XP / Vista, MAC OS X v. 10.3 or higher.
- Average seek time - 8.9 ms
- Track to Track seek time - 0.8 ms
- Average latency - 4.17 ms
- Rotational Speed - 7200 rpm
- Buffer size - min. 16MB
- Minimum system requirements PC - Intel Pentium III / AMD Duron 900 MHz or higher, 256 MB RAM (Vista: 512 MB RAM) or higher, CD-ROM drive, available eSATA, USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port, Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
- Minimum system requirements MAC - PowerPC G3/G4/G5, Power Book G3/G4 or Intel Mac, 256 MB RAM or higher, CD-ROM drive, available eSATA, USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port, OS X v. 10.3 or higher