The DrayTek Vigor AP-700 is a standalone wireless access point, ideal for adding wireless connectivity to an existing LAN, or for expanading the range of an existing wireless LAN by using the WDS features.
As an access point, the Vigor AP-700 connects to your existing ethernet switch and wireless users (with laptops or other WiFi devices) can then connect to your LAN. You can restrict access to specific devices by locking in their hardware 'MAC address' and if you have a radius server, user access can be further limited requiring unique login using 802.1x authentication (MD5/PEAP mode).
Where you wish to provide wireless access over a larger area, or throughout a larger building, you could install several AP-700's, each wired back to your central network.
- Wireless - IEEE 802.11n (Draft 2.0) / g / b
- LAN Interface - 1 x 10/100 port Ethernet, RJ45
- Frequency Band - 2.4 GHz
- Wireless Encryption - 64/128 bits WEP, WPA, WPA2 Encryption
- User Authentication - 802.1x (Requires Radius Server) (MD5/PEAP Modes)
- Wireless Transmit Power - Max 18 ± 1dBm
- Temperature Operation - 0° C to 40° C
- Humidity - 10% to 90 % (Non-condensing)
- Physical Dimensions - 30 (H) x 127 (W) x 96 (D) mm
- Warranty - 1 Year Limited RTB
- Repeater/Bridge/Access Point/Station Modes
- Up to four distinct SSIDs (for VLANs)
- MAC Address Filtering
- WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
- WMM (Wireless MultiMedia)
- WPS - WiFi Protected Setup
- Wall Mountable
- Power over Ethernet Adaptor supplied