Save even more money
If you plan to permanently take your goods outside the UK, you can now buy from us and reclaim all the VAT! This will save you a whopping 17.5% - on an average laptop, this is over £100!
To be eligible for the VAT refund, you need to collect the goods in person at our Huddersfield Collection Point.
It couldn`t be easier:
- Place your order over the phone as usual.
- You can choose to collect from our Huddersfield Collection Point.
- When the item is ready to collect, you will receive an email.
- Bring your passport, the credit / debit card you used to make the purchase and your airline tickets with you
Conditions to Reclaim the VAT:
- You must be an overseas visitor, i.e. a traveller who does not permanently live within the European Community (EC)
- You must export the goods from the EC within 3 months of purchase.
- If you are not travelling to any other country within the EC, you must present your goods together with refund form that we send you to UK Customs at the port or airport. Items that will be checked in as hold baggage must be produced to Customs before you check in your baggage.
How do I obtain my refund?
After your VAT refund form has been stamped by Customs, you then post the form back to us and we will credit your chosen card within 7 days of receipt.
- There is no charge for collections from our Huddersfield warehouse.
- LaptopsDirect reserves the right to refuse to hand over any orders to customers who do not bring the correct information
- At our Huddersfield warehouse, you can pay for goods when you arrive (Remember to call first to check stock)